Saturday 3 February 2007

Feeling fantastic

Landscaping the garden or turning it all into fruit trees and grass is now almost over. Almost finished putting the firewood away ready for winter (this is done in the summer when the wood is cheaper). Winter in Hawkes Bay New Zealand is not the same as winter in Canada or even the uk. It is cold in the mornings and at night but during the daytime it can become quite warm. Except in the house because it was built in the 1920's out of weatherboard with very high ceilings and is very cool in the hot summers but hard to heat in the winter. We use a wood burner in the main living room and gas heaters in the bedrooms, etc


The real reason for this posting is to say how wonderful I feel having started to experiment with speed work. I've dropped a third of my training volume (this was never very high - I've always had an aversion to doing lots of training) and started easing into what I call speedwork. My next race is the 11 Feb and the final one 25 March which will be my first race as vet.


The only downside of training on the bike at 7pm and really enjoying it, I get off the bike on a real high and can't sleep for ages. Speaking of sleep we've sorted Cameron's sleep issues out and we are now getting more sleep


The race on the 21 January was really enjoyable despite really hot and very windy conditions. Worked really hard on the bike (3rd fastest) and despite feeling yuck on the run had the fastest run time even though I jogged the last bit. As for the swim all I can say is I did my best. Although I've realised I'm so worried about navigation again I've been lifting my head to look around too much so I've been practising a set number of breaths before lookin up.


We're off to buy grass seed, weedkiller, a waterproof sheet for my daughter's bed and then I am going to try and fix her electric piano (she thinks I can fix anything) and finish sewing extra elastic onto my wifes fuelbelt, its a giving birth to two children problem, she also thinks I can fix anything.

No comments: