Monday 9 August 2010

Born to Run by Christopher McDougall

Born to Run - The hidden tribe, the ultr-runners and the greatest race the world has never seen.

From the back of the book - Full of incrdible characters, breathtaking, athletic achievements and cutting edge science, Born to Run is an epic adventure that begins with one simple question: Why does my foot hurt? In search of an answer, Christopher McDougall sets out to find the Tarahumara Indians, a tribe of the world's gratest runners, who can run hundreds of miles without rest while enjoying every minute of it.

I couldn't put it down It made me want to run forever, wear minimal shoes, reinforced all my feelings about Nike and other large running shoe businesses. It has reinforced my going barefoot (or very thin soled shoes) despite the pain I am currently in but more about that another time.

Tomorrow another excellent book I read while away - The Moneyless Man.

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: