Monday 8 January 2007

Bloke free triathlon

Yesterday I volunteered at a race put on by the club for women only, it is one of three or four races I commit to each year. The range of abilities is so varied, women and girls of all shapes and sizes and I never fail to be motivated. The distances are 300m (in the local open air 50m pool) 10km bike and 3km run. For some of these women this is like the ironman and for some it is the start of the addiction known as triathlon.

Before the race a group of club members usually stand by transition to answer any questions i.e. Where do I go? What do I do with my bike? , etc When not answering questions we watch the new bikes, commenting on the quality and value for money of some of the entry level bikes. We also discuss recent races and training, I enjoy these moments because doing so much training on my own these days I miss the camaraderie of a training group. Although I do enjoy being able to do my own training and not have it hijacked by somebody else.


On a training note I had a windtrainer session planned for 7pm and I was motivated and had a blast. I have been taking it a bit easy on the intensity side of things this year without really meaning to. Subconciously I was trying to make it to the end of the season. Starting to up the intensity now as I have only three races left, (21Jan, 11 Feb and 26 Mar) and I am enjoying it. I always did enjoy the feeling in the legs after a hard ride, but previously I feel I always went too hard too soon.

No comments: