Monday 16 February 2009

Weekly training 9Feb-15Feb

Nothing.

I am trying to do some else I haven't done before. Do no triathlon training for 4 weeks, absolutely none. I have never done this I have always started back doing tiny bits, the reasons fear of putting on weight, losing fitness. But the new me is taking a proper break mentally and physically so I can be better for next season - 2 oylmpic distance races.

I had been planning on moving up to half iron man followed by full ironmen the next season. But I realise that I couldn't handle the training mentally and physically. Sure I could do enough to get round but not 11 hours or less. I want to get faster over shorter races first which is one of the original reasons why after ironmean in 1994 I didn't get back into the longer races.

The not doing any training , except for stretchin and core work - these are just part of healthy living not training, is really, really hard and is taking a bit of getting used - I feel so tired. I plan to use the extra time to catch up on jobs in the house and garden, I have a whole heap of trees to clear with chainsaw so I can plant more fruit trees. On top of this Teresa has been given extra teaching release days and this week I'm teaching in her class for 3 days.


Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - seperate your needs from your wants.

No comments: