Friday 18 March 2011

Taubes' book refine my thinking

Taubes' book and the Primal website had me questioning things for a long time now. Now having read the book for myself there is even more to think about and as a result I am re-drafting my own thoughts and re-fining my opinions. And in some cases helped make sense of stuff I've always thought. A really good example of this is exercise and why I do it. It always makes me feel better - as Teresa can attest if I have to miss a training session I'll be like a bear with a sore paw. It makes me fit. But I never really saw it as away of losing weight - I did think of it as a sort of by-product of exercise.

It the book it says that you can't exercise to lose weight because if you burn energy the body will need to replenish that energy. And (I don't do this) most people replace it with convenient junk food and because they think they deserve for being good by exercising they actual have way more than the exercise they've actually just had - so in effect they are now worse off. It is Taubes (backed up by real scince in his book) the only way of losing weight (or getting to and maintaining your body's ideal composition - which is different for everybody) is eating when hungry food that your body actually needs , which excludes anything with refined carbs and sugar in it.

In short ... exercise to keep your body fit and strong...eat to maintain the optimum body composition for your body. Or if you aren't at the optimum then eat natural foods until your body finds it.

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: