Wednesday 30 March 2011

Training update

Back in the pool buiding up to 3x1500m wearing a 1kilogram ankle weight. 1x500m of balls in hands, 1x500 with no cheat catch up (catch up with stick in hands), 1x500 with paddles with only finger straps. Today I managed 3x200 (the 200 as 4x50). Training on the bike is more sprints in 53x12 and starting to buildup my long Sunday rides slowly up to 3hours again. Every 4th Sunday I'm doing 30 min timetrial on the turbo, it will break the routine and eventually get me ready for racing ( again doing something I've been avoiding over the years but I know I should be doing it).

The only downside has been my ankles, hips and legs have all been sore not sure why some is because of the minimalist shoes but some have been caused on the bike. But I don't know if they were also caused by the changes I've been experiencing in the minimalist shoes.

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: