Wednesday 16 March 2011

Intermittant Fasting

I can tell I've gone fully Primal because of the sense of fullness and larger periods between eating. I am now only eating 2 meals a day. Main evening meal with family usually at some time between 4.30pm - 6pm. Then my next meal is breakfast/lunch at around 9am. Then on Saturday I wasn't eating till 11.30am and still wasn't always hungry. So this last weekend I decided to eat when I was hungry, I finally ate at 4.30pm 23hours later and then I wasn't really hungry but I was cooking yummy steak and red wine sauce for the family and couldn't help myself.

I finished the Gary Taubes book Good Calories , Bad Calories. I found it hard to understand in parts. But my final takeaway from the book is that with the inception of carbohydrates especially sugar and other refined carbs into the western diet a whole plethora of diseses happened. Including obesity - which is not caused by overeating but overeating caused by getting fat. The body's main source of fuel is fat and if it doesn't get any intake of fat it creates fat from other sources including converting carbs and then stores that fat. Carbs also don't make you feel full so you eat more and eat less fat (the bogus low fat diet) and the cycle goes on.
Of course this is my clumsy simplified explanation. I did know all this from the gary taubes video and the Primal website.


Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: