Saturday 22 December 2007

The garden is doing well

I like to walk around the garden admiring our efforts on veg garden and fruit trees. I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, the food he cooks, how he cooks, attitude to food and his latest tv programme 'Jamie at home' he has a fantastic kitchen garden (and gardener). Unfortunately his programme is on at 8pm on Friday , I usually get in from swimming at 8.10 so I get to see some of it.
I took some photos of the things in the garden:
Bird on bird feeder
Bird on bird feeder


Some big tomatoes
Some big tomatoes
A ripening yellow cherry tomato. Next year I want to have lots of different tomato types there are so many that you don't see in the supermarkets.
A ripening yellow cherry tomato

Veg garden: beans are growing up tripods, parsnips, carrot , beetroot, peas and just planted potatoes.
Veg garden

Apple tree
Apple tree

Pear tree
Pear tree


The soft fruit trees are not faring so well, they tend to suffer from a curly leave problem but the solution seems to have been spraying them with a homemade garlic spray solution (you do not want to get caught down wind of this spray as you will become an outcast from society).

No comments: