Friday 25 February 2011

Good calories bad calories

Finally got my oen copy of Good calories, bad clories by Gary Taubes.

I couldn't get it locally or the library so I got from Amazon and because I don't like spending money and don't want birthday presents (1st March, 44 thanks for asking - the only difference between 44 and 24 is the amount of responsibilities) so Teresa is going to wrap it up just before my birthday and the children are going to give it to me as a present. They don't know I'm already reading it, I just couldn't wait.

Actually reading it does really re-inforce the feeling I have that we have all been lied to about food and I feel the same way about shoes. Governments, doctors, scientists, podiatrists are supposed to be people we trust the big shoe companies on the other hand we should have known...and I think deep down I did (always the question why change the shoe model every year?)

On a more positive note - I feel very much in control of pretty much everything what would make it even better when Teresa leaves teaching and has more time to do the stuff she wants. ...I may be restarting learning to surf, I am making friends with one of Cameron's friends dad who surfed and he has offered to take me with him when we can. I mad sure that he understands I am a beginner and probably only ever stood up on a board 3 times and that was 9 years ago.

I'm looking forward to it.

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: