Saturday 30 December 2006

Night out at pub

My dad is visiting from the UK for a month and goes home next Thursday so Teresa suggested I take him out for a drink. We went to Rosie O'Grady's and despite my best efforts had slightly more than planned. This combined with Cameron waking in the night really put me off going for my normal Saturday 5 mile run and possibly my bike ride later. I am not a big drinker, especially if it might affect my training and I'm not bothered about going out - I've got plenty to do at home. Part of me thinks missing a bit of training isn't a big deal especially at this time of year (mid summer in New Zealand) because it would ease me into training after missing last week. I've had some good training this week especially enjoyed my 2 40min turbo (wind trainer) sessions mid week. But there is the compulsion side of me which says unless you are sick you train.

My main triathlon aim this year is to just make it through the 6 club races which are stretched through the season. This would be my first full season of races of any sort since 1998. Although I am a long way off my best season in 1996 BA (BA = before arthritis) where I raced 7 Olympic distance and about 8 sprint triathlons and numerous running races. But it is a start and it will be a small but significant step to the fitness I once had .

No comments: