Tuesday 23 October 2007

I reply to my brother

'Sport to me is about keeping fit, healthy, young,being a role model for my family and energises me to spend time with them. You are also misguided about the camaraderie of an individual sport of triathlon. There is a worldwide community of people who commit to spend time living a clean healthy lifestyle and choose not to spend their time watching tv, smoking and spend their time watching other people take part in sport/life. There is nothing like the camaraderie of the shared 5 hour bike ride or the 5am run on a cold winters morning.
Would you believe I can give a pretentious answer as well. When you talk about a team game it sounds more like going into battle rather than having fun with friends, which is I thought the main thing.'


This why Chuckie V struck such a chord with me on his blog.


And of course after I replied I immediatley thought of thousands of other things to say.

No comments: