Monday 11 January 2010

Cooking primal - Kahawai fish

As part of my new determination to post more I wanted to get back to writing about other interests a bit more again.

Here is a case in point since my return to eating organic, grass fed, free range meat I have been buying a lot of fish. One of the many reasons for this is that fish is extremely healthy and canbe very cheap. I have had to learn how to clean and gut fish because whole fish are the cheapest. The cheapest is usually mackeral which seems to be a fish nobody wants and I can get these NZ$1.50 each and I've had some whoppers. My latest is the one featured in the photos below. It is a Kahawai NZ$5.50 freshly caught and it is in the oven baking stuffed with basil and fennel. As you can see it almost didn't fit in the oven.



Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - separate your needs from your wants.

No comments: