Monday 28 July 2008

Weekly training 21July-27July and seven laws of swimming

These come in the fistglove packet:

The seven laws of swimmming

  1. The mind leads the body

  2. Seek the path of least resistance

  3. Find the path of most resistance

  4. To become effortless requires great effort

  5. Extend

  6. Swim with an empty hand

  7. Never give up








Weekly Training
Swim3 sessions with fist gloves. Up to 125's making me concentrate on stroke. Adding shorter faster stuff now 50m to normal session still in fistgloves 3700
Bike 2x60min McCormack style intervals I've dropped down gears to concentrate on increasing my cadence to above 90 1x32.5min strength on trainer. I had to drop my heartrate targets because if I put in the effort required to raise it I would have worked too hard. This is a mistake I have made in the past, doggedly following what the hr monitor says and disregard how I feel. When I raced at low 2hr mark for olympic distance in the mid 90's I never had a heart monitor it was all done on feel and gradually I am getting back to working solely on feel. Tweaking my position using my Look ergo stem. 37.33miles
Run2x3mile 1x4miles10miles









Weekly core Training
Swim cords2 sessions Building specific strength - 30 on each arm twice with the cords even tighter
Back2 sessions
Abs2 sessions 7 different exercises based on crunches and leg lifts
Weights2 sessions with dumbbells
Push ups2 sessions - some moving side to side and Hindu push ups
Stretching6 sessions

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping.

No comments: