Wednesday 2 July 2008

Weekly training 23-29 June and a big decision

The big decision is that I've decided to stop doing relief teaching. I'm fed up at getting mostly early morning emergency calls and the extra stress it causes for the family getting ready in the morning isn't worth it. I may still take Teresa's class on her release days because I can plan for these in advance. The second reason it was getting harder and harder to go into school at short notice and get my website work done and this was highlighted recently making me sick, it reminded me why I left full time teaching in the first place. Plus I get fed up of not being able to be myself around boring, stuck up teachers who never joke with their classes or kick a ball. I've always felt that there was an over emphasis on literacy and maths to the detriment of all else. I feel sorry for the child is artistic or sporty or into computers because in my experience they get stuck with teachers who only do reading and writing and because the child gets bored and is then labelled as trouble. (This actually happened when I left my last class - and a poor boy got targetted as a trouble maker - I warned the school it would happen) The problem was there wasn't any teachers who had those shared interests - I was it the sole male teacher.

Anyway I've taken the plunge working fulltime in the business without the backup of the teaching. The biggest change is although there might be a drop in income for a time I feel more relaxed, and I am becoming more businesslike no more doing stuff for free, not the really small stuff and no more free websites or hugely discounted work.







Weekly Training
Swim3 sessions with fist gloves. Doing mostly 75's making me concentrate on stroke , I got complacent doing 50's3600metres
Bike 1x30min, 1x40min McCormack style intervals 1x15min strength on trainer 21.55miles
Run1x1mile, 1x2mile,1x3mile 6miles









Weekly core Training
Swim cords2 sessions Building specific strength - 20 on each arm and then 15
Back0 sessions
Abs2 sessions 7 different exercises based on crunches and leg lifts
Weights1 sessions with dumbbells
Push ups2 sessions - some moving side to side
Stretching5 sessions

No comments: