Tuesday 21 October 2008

Almost knocked over

I forgot to mention that last Thursday I almost got knocked over, not killed but legs would surely have been broken. I was returning home on my run at 6am with about 1.5 miles to go I was crosing a side street and this woman turned into the road at speed (probably half asleep) almost got me. It was so close I felt the moving air on my knees and was only really saved by my own reactions as I performed my best matador impression. The driver didn't even seem to see me just drove off at speed.

There were witnesses a man and woman out walking were crossing the same road but in the opposite direction.

I have always been very tolerant, I abhor racism, sexism, ageism any form of discrimination but I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with people who just don't seem to care about other people or the planet. People who abuse other people, gorge themselves into obesity and diabetes and in turn abuse the planet.

As I was being verbally abused by a motorist on Tuesday I realised why he needed such a big SUV, it was carry his huge arse, stomach and head. He was verbally abusing me because I shook my head in disgust because as I rode my bike home from dropping Cameron off at Kindergarten, he drove his monstrosity at me. He was on the wrong side of the road. He was pulling away from a house after dropping something off. I think obsesity not only causes laziness, scruffiness, diabetes but I think fat also rots the brain and ruins the eyesight.

And for those people who think it is personal freedom to become overweight and die what about my freedom to live in on a clean planet and not have to pay, through increased health costs for other peoples lack of personal responsility.

I needed to get that off my chest.

Join the movement and we'll start a revolution - stop all unnecessary shopping - seperate your needs from your wants.

No comments: