Wednesday 7 November 2007

3.30am wide awake

For some reason I woke up at 2.30am and couldn't get back to sleep. As always lots on my mind (mostly exciting things). I am surprised Cameron slept during the night as he has a bad cold, we had to get him up just before we went to bed to change his nappy (his room stunk) and give him more medicine, He looked so little we relented and gave him his barnie back (we were weaning him off Barnie as they were inseperable).

Had a great turbo session last night confirming in my mind that on Sunday I had just forgotten how to race, not for the first time, I'm going to run at 5am. I got to thinking last night and I've realised that re-learning to swim (properly) is rapidly becoming the ultimate challenge to me. I know I can run and cycle to a resonable standard and have completed distances from sprints up to and including the Ironman and a wide variety in between but I won't be happy (in the triathlon side of my life) until I can swim.

We are making a greater effort to be sociable, we are both attending the school's (Napier Central) Christmas function on the 23Nov (very early) it is a progressive dinner starters at one restaurant,etc Although we will miss desserts, these will be at 9pm (we are usually in bed for 9.30). Teresa and I both love being at home and enjoy our activities during the daytime (and of course there is training) we have always been the same. When we started dating back at college we would plan to go to parties but almost always decide to stay at home with our wine and enjoy each others company. Not sure it is healthy or it might just be love.

Teresa thinks I have blog problem especially as I keep referring back to blogs in conversations, yet another reason to get out more.

No comments: