Saturday 24 May 2008

The inner battle

My frugal self and my triathlete self have been having a pitched inside my head. On the triathlon side I am desperate to return to olympic distance racing. But my frugal has been saying just one more year and the mortgage will be paid off, his argument is this the we would have to travel to the longer races, pay for petrol, accommodation, the race etc and on top of that the children are very little.

So the result is that my frugal self defeated triathlete self especially when frugal phil reminded triathlete Phil of the huge challenge of improving his swimming to the point that it outshines triathlete Phil's cycling and running and therefore become a much better triathlete that will be mortgage free and therefore able to afford going away to race.

No comments: