Saturday 17 May 2008

Weekly training

This week has been spoilt a bit by Cameron having a couple of nights waking up. Last night he woke up 4times, it doesn't happen very often anymore and we are definitely not used to it.

Swimming on Monday was fantastic and I was on a high, position seemed really good therefore legs floated up which resulted in a really great propulsive kick. So Wednesday and Friday I tried to replicate it, I couldn't so although I didn't swim badly (think fist gloves) I'm after perfection. I tried to reconcile myself that the great swimmers like Ian Thorpe were also on the same search for perfection...although I think they were a bit closer than me.






Weekly Training for 12May-18 May 2008
Swim3 sessions with fist gloves. Experimenting with my propulsive kick.(see comment above)3600metres
Bike2X1 hour indoor trainer rides. M2 style intervals. 3rd session 15.5min strength on trainer 35.75miles
Run3x2mile runs at 5am6miles









Weekly core Training
Swim cordsBuilding specific strength - 50 on each arm
Back2 sessions
Abs7 different exercises based on crunches and leg lifts
Weights2 sessions with dumbbells
Push ups2 sessions - some moving side to side, hindu pushups and sliding side pushups.
Stretching5 sessions

No comments: